KAVI Support Forum

Acne on chin

Guest LaurenB

Guest LaurenB

I only really get cystic acne on my chin - I rarely get acne or cysts anywhere else on my face.. what would be the best combination of products for me? I have some pigmentation and uneven skin tone as well.. sun and birth control pills I'm sure.. but the acne on my chin is painful!! thanks!!

For the acne on your chin, you could look at a salicylic acid peel (8% or 15%, applied once per week) to help bring it under control. The KAVI Toner would make for a good maintenance cleanser to be used daily between peels.

For general pigmentation issues, glycolic acid peels are a good place to start (and can be used on alternating weeks with salicylic acid peels), however we do make more specialized products for skin tone that you may wish to consider following a consultation with your dermatologist.

An alternative to peels, and one that addresses both your acne and sun spots, would be Enhanced Retinol 0.30% (applied once or twice per day). While it may be used together with the Toner, the retinol serum may be too strong if used in combination with any of our peels.