KAVI Support Forum

acne help

Guest antoinette

Guest antoinette

i am a dark skinned woman of color who gets breakouts every month and it leaves dark spots. my complexion just looks awful. i have been considering using a peel product but i'm still on the fence. can you suggest products from your line that i may try? thanks

It might be better to take a two-step approach to solving your skin problems:

(1) reduce the rate of new breakouts, and

(2) accelerate recovery after an infection has subsided.

To reduce new breakouts, there are several options available to you. Anti-acne cleansing bars such as Aqua KAVI or Coral KAVI are a practical choice for an active lifestyle. We also make a liquid-based anti-acne cleanser called DermaWash, which is milder on dry skin.

If you would prefer to exfoliate your skin once per week with a comedolytic mask, we would recommend starting with a milder product, such as Salicylic Acid 8, which will open clogged pores, neutralize acne bacteria, and exfoliate dead skin cells.

Through the exfoliation process, Salicylic Acid 8 will shed skin cells damaged from previous breakouts, leaving behind a layer of healthy, new skin. While Salicylic Acid 8 will likely be enough to give your skin more consistent tone and texture, you may also consider alternating weekly peels with Glycolic Acid 30, which in addition to exfoliation will accelerate regeneration of collagen and new skin tissue.

As a start, the safest initial treatment plan would be to cleanse once or twice daily with Coral KAVI and optionally exfoliate once per week with Salicylic Acid 8 (be sure to follow all directions printed on the bottle). For dry or sensitive skin, consider Aqua KAVI or DermaWash instead of Coral KAVI.